Thursday, September 16, 2010

vintage inspired green paint





I love the old fashioned green paint colors that were used in kitchens in the 1930's and 40's. 





image from country living








sometimes I will find a piece of furniture - like this table
kind of boring and plain
it is calling out for a fresh coat paint

I decided to use a soft vintage inspired green paint





it really wants to be in a farmhouse cottage kitchen






I had a sample pint size can mixed of  #440 LAND OF LIBERTY  green paint from Benjamin Moore.

the cost was $5.99 for the pint and this was more then enough to paint on two coats







I distressed the finish lightly













because this table will most likely be used in a kitchen I applied three coats of water based varathane on top of the painted surface.  It really protects the table and makes it easy to clean as well.




It looks milky white in the can, but drys perfectly clear.  It is water based so you can get three coats on pretty quickly.  Just don't apply it in the sun because it will dry too fast and you will see the brush strokes.   I love this stuff.   See you soon  - Lori




1 comment:

  1. Great job and thanks for posting this info. I'm currently in infatuation with retro green.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...