Friday, September 3, 2010

a deserving kitchen makeover








New York Newsday newspaper will be featuring a story in the near future on budget room make-overs.  They asked me if I was up to the challenge, and if so would I be willing to have one of my room transformations documented for the article.  Sort of a before and after thing - with tips and sources.  The photo shoot is scheduled for October 1st.







I had the creative freedom to pick the room or project of my desire - this kitchen is the place






My goal was to make-over the space on a REAL budget - so I will be transforming this kitchen within the next three weeks for under $1000.




I think this adorable farmhouse kitchen is the perfect selection for the job.   It is really nice, but it could be amazing. It has great potential, good bones, plenty of space and great natural sunlight. 


By the way, I have an emotional investment in this kitchen. 






This kitchen belongs to Megan and Chris (Megan works for me and basically runs the shop)  She is so busy doing things for everyone else she really has not had the time to give her own space attention.  Megan has wonderful style and great taste so it is important that this kitchen is a reflection of her.






I have got the plans drawn up and the materials are ordered.  I know exactly what I am going to do.  It is more elbow grease, creating and physical work then shopping.  Everything has to be done and ready for the photo shoot by October 1st, 10:00 am.






I will give you guys a little hint...
flooring, paint, barnwood, vintage linen, industrial elements, concrete and a few other surprises.  I am going above and beyond for this one, because no one deserve it more then Megan.  Happy Labor Day Weekend!  Lori


hmmm- wonder what I am going to do to this exposed brick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...