Thursday, September 9, 2010

a days work



 




little kitchen update

 the plywood floors have been cut to size and positioned







 you can see them glued and nailed into place below.  The boards are all spaced perfectly with the pennies.  The varathane will be applied tomorrow afternoon and then they are done.


 





I have to say I am really happy with how the floor is looking.  It's hard to believe that this is 1/4" plywood.  They really do look like wide plank farmhouse floors.

 I know that many of you have emailed me with questions regarding the instructions for the floor installation and finishing technique.  I will be showing the process from beginning to end with step by step instructions shortly.  Meanwhile... I will be taking a break while the floors dry to take a little trip.

I will be leaving for the fabulous Brimfield Flea Market in Massachusetts for a day of shopping.  For now I will leave you with a look at the color pallet that I am using in the kitchen and will be back with more updates soon. 

Lori




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...