Tuesday, September 14, 2010

$10 kitchen cabinet makeover






I purchased this old knotty pine kitchen cabinet at a yard sale a few months ago.  It was $10 and my intended use was as a storage piece in my garage to hold hardware.  It is heavy, solid, well built and sturdy.  Someone most likely constructed it to use in a kitchen 50 or 60 years ago.







While planning the low budget kitchen makeover in Megan's farmhouse I realized that I had a need for a small cabinet to use for the microwave and toaster oven.  Since I want to save the bulk of my budget for materials for another project -  I figured I would use this $10 cupboard - plus it was the perfect size for the space.






I primed it with one coat of gray spray on primer by Krylon





I chose Benjamin Moore #1596 NIGHTFALL which is a very soft dark charcoal gray






I painted two coats over the primer




gave the surface a light distressing and changed the hardware




and now this will be the new cabinet to hold Megan's microwave - which leaves me more money to make an amazing industrial style farm table


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...